Having regular maintenance performed on your heating system can save you a lot of money and hassle. No one likes to have an unplanned heating system breakdown and the scary costs that come with it.
By ensuring you have an annual heating system tune-up performed, you’ll be able to rest assured that this won’t happen. When it comes to your heating unit’s routine maintenance, Gibson Heating and Cooling is the name you can trust.
Types of Heating Systems Gibson Works on
The heating, cooling, and indoor air quality technicians at Gibson have the know-how, licensing, and the correct equipment to perform heating tune-up service for several types of units. These range from heat pumps and furnaces to geothermal systems and ductless mini-splits.
Heat pumps work hard to move heat from the unit into your Lexington home or office spaces. Since they provide both heating and cooling, they need a tune-up service every six months, which Gibson can take care of for you.
These intricate systems require extensive routine maintenance to keep them in good running order. The team at Gibson can help improve HVAC system performance and prevent untimely breakdowns.
These systems can last more than 20 years if cared for properly. Gibson is highly qualified to take care of these modern and specialized units. Gibson can also install new systems should you want to make an HVAC switch.
Ductless Mini Splits
These energy-efficient units also require special care and routine maintenance. Contact Gibson today to have your ductless mini split comfort system tuned up for peak performance.
What Are the Benefits of Regular Maintenance for Your Lexington Heater?
Just as keeping your car serviced and in good repair, routine maintenance keeps your heating system running efficiently. There are several ways a heating tune-up service in Lexington, KY or the surrounding areas can help you.
Lower Utility Bills
HVAC systems that aren’t functioning well can significantly increase your utility bills. Higher energy bills are a key sign that something is wrong. The increase in energy usage can be caused by duct leaks, a clogged filter, or an underperforming heating system. By hiring Gibson to perform a heating tune-up service, you can make sure everything is working as it should and thereby save money.
A well-cared-for heating system can last for many years. Making sure any small parts are fixed or replaced regularly will prevent major issues or a shutdown. In this way, you will save money on having to purchase a new system.
Fewer Breakdowns and Repairs
A well-maintained HVAC unit will not need major repairs due to breakdowns. You won’t be left in the cold or with a bill that chills the heart.
Ensure Safety of Home and Family
By making sure your system is in good order, you will also be taking care of your Lexington area home or office and family or employees. A poorly functioning HVAC can cause damage due to leakage and other issues to your home or office space. The air quality from a poorly maintained system will also be inferior, which can lead to lung and respiratory issues in your family or workers.
What’s Included in a Heating Tune-Up?
A Lexington, KY heating tune-up service includes several important checks, including:
- Checking thermostat settings: It is important to make sure your thermostat’s connections are in good order.
- Tightening all electrical connections and measuring voltage and current on motors: Ensuring HVAC electrical connections are correctly and safely in place is crucial to your unit’s functioning. It is also necessary to check that the voltage and current on HVAC motors are correct and safe.
- Lubricating all moving parts: All mechanical parts need to be lubricated correctly during an HVAC service to prevent friction and therefore wear and tear.
- Checking and inspecting the condensate drain: Poor drainage can cause many hassles. Gibson will check the condensate drain is functioning properly.
- Checking system controls to ensure proper and safe operation: Gibson will ensure all system controls are working properly, so the correct temperature and safe functioning of the unit is guaranteed.
- Checking all gas (or oil) connections and gas pressure: The safe connection of all gas and oil input and output fittings is essential.
Enroll in a Preventative Maintenance Agreement from Gibson
A preventative maintenance agreement helps you to get priority attention as a loyal Gibson customer. There are several benefits of enrolling in Gibson’s preventative maintenance plan, including:
- Fewer equipment breakdowns
- Longer equipment lifespan
- Lower utility consumption
- Better air quality and tenant control
Call Gibson Today to Repair or Tune Up Your Lexington Heater
To ensure your HVAC heating unit is running in optimal condition, schedule a heating tune-up service in Lexington, KY with Gibson today by calling (502) 289-6983. The team will advise you on the cost and what to expect before it performs a thorough inspection of your furnace or heating system.